At Inkblot Arts, I'm posting articles on amplifying our voices through the arts, and developing the freelance work that supports my work as an artist and creative facilitator. Opportunities to participate in Inkblot Arts include:
- Magic Makers: Queer Art, Craft & Healing on December 14 at Humanist Hall in Oakland. I'll have a table with handmade journal crafting, chapbooks for sale, and writing prompts for healing.
- Be|Art|Now, a public conference for activists, artists, and progressive people of faith, on January 29-31, 2015. I'll be leading a workshop exploring the power of poetry and storytelling for personal healing and social change.
- Like Inkblot Arts on Facebook to be part of the action!
- Wiggling While I Work: Creative Living and Mental Health, about crafting my creative life to support my personal well-being.
- Keep Joy Alive: Pursuing My Passion for My Mental Health, about how I prioritize doing what I love in my work.
- Your Great Ideas Are Someone Else's, Too. Now What?, about how to keep moving forward after discovering that another artist has your idea.
I'm in Black Girl Dangerous's Editor-in-Training Program for queer and trans writers of color, learning about writing and editing for online independent media. You can read two of my pieces on Black Girl Dangerous now:
- What Good is Science Fiction to Black People?
- No Longer a Good Girl: Embracing Kink and Rejecting Respectability
I also have lots of exciting publication news, which includes:
- Uprooted, a chapbook of poems published in October by Gorilla Press
- Queer As In, a new chapbook due to be published in December 2014
- My first full-length collection of poetry coming in early 2015 from Punk Hostage Press!
I'll be posting again soon, but in the meantime, follow the links to keep up with my publications, upcoming events, and work at Inkblot Arts.